I arranged a trip for the Pushlar/Brainard cousins this year at Old Forge Camping Resort. The resort was located next to Enchanted Forest Water Safari which was the main attraction for our vacation. The group decided to stay in cabins instead of tents. I am glad we chose this option because we were lucky to be placed in three cabins very close to the bathrooms, and next to the shuttle stop to the WATER SAFARI! The cousins enjoyed each others company running from cabin to cabin and exploring in the woods. The adults enjoyed our time around the camp fire drinking and making idle conversations. Drew was not feeling up to par so he did not have a chance to enjoy the great outdoors like the rest of us.
Enchanted Forest Water Safari never disappoints. The kids and adults spent two days on the water slides and exploring the original "Storytown" scenes. I have been going to Enchanted Forest as a child, teenager, and now a parent. Sophia, at age 5, is skittish of the rides and slides. She spent most of the time asking to go down the one slide she enjoyed which was the family slide. Alex was a brave soul and enjoyed about each water slide mutliple times. I am so glad that my children enjoy the water parks vs. the amusement parks. Enchanted Forest does have a handful of "dry" amusement rides. I tried the round up with my niece. One minute of round up took about 15 minutes of recooperation time. My 30 something inner ears and stomach can not handle the spinning and motions.
We did get a visit by the local black bear. We left out coolers with the spirits and fruit out overnight. The bear did not partake in the wine and beer but did take off with our apple supply. The wine left in the cooler was labeled the "bear" wine. I think we finally did drink after several drinks of non bear wine.
The vacation ended with a stop at the Pancake House which is located on Route 28. My mouth still waters when I think about the banana pancakes. I tried to replicate those pancakes at home but I was not as successful!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment