I am happy to report that my children are more enlightened, environmental and socially conscious than I was at their age.
The other day, Sophia was receiving consequences for her behavior. The consequence included that she spend time upstairs alone until she is ready to join the family again. She was spitting bullets; she decided that she wanted to get back at us. Her payback was turning on all the lights upstairs and yelling to us, " I am wasting energy", wanting us to react. This is not the first time my kids have used my environmentally conscious ways against me. When they are mad they will throw compost or recyclables in the trash instead the compost or the recycle bin. This message is not just given at home. Sophia's school trip have included a trip to the recylcing plant and feeding food at a soup kitchen. I really think we are heading in the right direction. Slow but progression is always a good thing. 


You know you are doing something right when they use your environmental ways against you!
ReplyDelete